Overcoming Anxiety Day 3: You can find comfort in hard times.


Have a moment?  Take a minute to listen here:


Or read the blog post here:

When you hear the word “comfort,” what comes to your mind?

For me, comfort can take the form of a lit candle and a good book underneath soft blankets.  Comfort can look like a phone call or text from a good friend.  Or it can look like a mani/pedi and a Netflix night. Depending on how emotional I am at the day’s end, comfort can look like a bowl of ice cream or a glass of wine. 

Just being honest here.

There are a few things I find comfort in when life gets stressful.  These things help me forget about stress for a while, but they certainly don’t prevent stressful events from happening. 

There’s another side to my favorite comforts that I try not to think about.   After too many bowls of ice cream, I might not like the way my jeans fit. Or my leggings, while we’re still doing the honesty thing.  And what happens when I’ve caught up on all of my Netflix (and Hulu) shows?

Thankfully, there’s another option I can turn to when I’m looking for relief from life’s hardships. 

I believe in a Creator who offers endless hope when all seems hopeless.  When I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, or if I’ll even make it through today, He knows.  He’s there, and He’s greater than all of it.

He’s waiting to bring comfort, and He will often do it through a timely phone call from a friend, or a seemingly random gesture of kindness.

Psalm 94:19 “When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.”

Where will you find comfort today?

No comments:

©2020 Kat Charles Creative. Powered by Jesus + coffee. Powered by Blogger.